09 August 2004

I'm generally a good girl. ;)

Well, this is definitely an interesting topic! Before P and I went any deeper than surface level into our BDSM relationship, we talked a lot about everything associated with it.

In the beginning, pain scared the hell out of me. I was terrified of it, I feared it. I wanted to be submissive but, from what I knew before studying theory, I assumed that meant I had to be into pain and that I had to want to get beaten on a fairly regular basis. This not being true, I approached P and we've had MANY discussions related to this topic.

I'm not a pain slut. I'm growing to love spankings, but that's truly the extent of things. I've come to realize lately that I have a bit of a Daddy issue (even more than I thought), so being punished for "misbehaving" would have to be handled very delicately. Then again, perhaps part of the reason I'm behaving well in the first place is to please him (instead of fear of being reprimanded).

P and I have never really gone to a punishment level with my submission. It's been said time and again that if he asks me to do something and I neglect it, or challenge it, there will be punishments. Generally, though, it will be some sort of sexual punishment - withholding of orgasm and that sort of thing.

That said, he has spanked me before. The problem there is that I'm beginning to like it, which means it's not so much a "punishment" anymore. I'm a tough nut to crack though, so I'm not sure there could be an appropriate punishment for me. *shrug* Anyway, that's my take on it.

Punishment for punishment's sake, like Devi said, is an entirely different beast. A Dom who is overly sadistic, however, won't have a sub who isn't into pain for too long or will end up with a overly masochistic submissive. Either way, everything works out in the end.